9.14.2013

Spider Blanket Tah-Dah!

  

This project has been in my bag all summer.  I have learned that once your child gets into high school, there truly is no time off in the summer.  There are many practices to wait for along with waiting rooms for dentists, doctors and ophthalmologists.  Working with yarn is what I do while waiting.  


 

 I followed this simple pattern by AnneM.


I apologize for the pictures.  We have just moved and the camera is packed in a box somewhere, but the iPhone does an okay job.  I think I struggle to hold my hand as still as I necessary.  I will try to take much better photographs before shipping this fun blanket to my sweet cousin, Zachary.



I used I Love This Yarn in Black, Royal, and Red.  It's the perfect size for a young boy who loves superheros.  It was an interesting project for me as I was working with colors and a color combination I am not usually drawn to.  Every time I picked it up I was reminded that we sometimes work outside our own preferences to make gifts that the recipients will love.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so cute!! I know a little boy who would be in heaven with this awesome blanket!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Xo Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! My neighbor's son loves Spiderman. He'd go crazy over this blanket. It looks really good! I'm pinning it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool! I'm sure any Spider Man enthusiast would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is going to absolutely love this. I can hardly wait to find out his reaction. Beautiful work, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach will love it. You did a beautiful job Kelly. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what?
    That design would make a very unique umbrella!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by. I do appreciate your thoughts and comments and hope you will visit again very soon!